About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Inauguration Day

To celebrate the inauguration of President Obama, one of the guys in the office* had a cake made. Apparently he wasn't clear enough about which flag he wanted on top of it, so the Afghan bakery put the Afghan flag on it:
Photobucket

The cake was tasty and all, but what really fascinated me was the box it was delivered in:
Photobucket

I'm not sure how I feel about a catering company that also does construction, but what I really like was the reassurance that they deliver. Regardless.

It turns out I was the only guy in the office with a knife big enough to cut the cake without making a huge mess of things, so I got to do the honors:
Photobucket

Which means I also got to lick the knife clean:
Photobucket

So that was a good time.


*This particular guy is one of our Norwegian allies. I'm not sure why, but when the election results were posted all of the Europeans started congratulating the US folks. This continued on Inauguration Day. Odd.

3 comments:

  1. I am not at all surprised that they are congratulating us...and oddly, it might turn out someday to be fitting that they had that flag on the cake...

    Well, bet they are glad you are a dork and carry around a huge knife alllll the time now aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I don't carry that particular huge knife allll the time. That one lives on my armor which is usually on a stand in the office. When I'm not near my armor I have to settle for any one of three lesser knives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the nords are not allies bro they are just vagueties who wander around

    ReplyDelete