About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Time-Lapse Experiment #1: A Day at the Boat Ramp

The other day I picked up an intervalometer for my digital camera. Eager to try it out, I mounted the camera in the forward cabin of the boat. Then I set it up to take a photo of the boat ramp dock across from my berth every thirty seconds until the camera's battery died.

At the end of the day I sat down and strung all of those pictures together into a video clip:


The main mistakes are pretty obvious. The Heart of Gold, while a very stiff sailboat, is not a perfectly stable platform for time lapse videography. Also, it's possible that the interval that I was shooting wasn't ideal for nice, smooth video.

Either way, it was a successful proof of concept and I'll be playing around with more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment