About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Goofy Project #5049: Vacforming Phase Nearly Complete

Yesterday's progress began with yet another blood sacrifice to the Project Gods:forehead hook


It turns out that the overhead oven configuration for the vacforming machine is a good idea, but the hooks that hold the plastic frame in place are right about at forehead level for me.  The corners were sharp too, so I had to solve that problem:
Frame hooks taped.


The vacforming machine has proven to be exceedingly useful.  Here's the beginnings of a suit of armor vacformed in .040" ABS:
Torso Armor Test Fit


We've also got a bunch of these panels ready to paint:
vacformed panels


Meanwhile, the other parts are slowly coming together:
Production and Progress


Rose models the M90A


I now have just about five days to bring this whole thing together.  Thankfully I already have all of the camouflage netting on hand and transportation is coming together.  The only minor challenge will be the painting and the electronics.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment