About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Other People's Pictures from Maker Faire 2011

Just as the title says, these are pics I've found around the internets that were taken by other folks at the Maker Faire.  Clearly there were a lot of photographers there who were much more capable than me.  You can see my pictures in the previous post by clicking HERE.
Halo Cosplayers
Halo Cosplayers by Doug Luberts, on Flickr




Master Chief and friends Maker Faire
"Master Chief and friends Maker Faire" by Doug Luberts, on Flickr
Barca Lounger




Halo Guys
"Halo Guys" by Jen_Hansen, on Flickr


Halo Soldiers
"Halo Soldiers" by DoNotLick, on Flickr


This guy interviewed me for a brief spot on CNET:
Eric and Master Chief
"Eric and Master Chief" by BeerNotBombs, on Flickr


You can see the video here: http://cnettv.cnet.com/maker-faire-2011/9742-1_53-50105322.html


The character on the left in this shot is Sir Tsaboc from 405th.com.  He was the only HALO costumer that I didn't bring with me and he came in his excellent ODST suit:
With a Spartan
With a Spartan" by Tsabo Tsaboc, on Flickr


Melissa Howell, a very talented photography student, was on the scene and took tons of pictures.  Here's a couple of my favorites:

No infants were harmed in the making of this photograph.


Here's Trevor and Breana making my Marine armor look good:


She got one of the best shots I've found of my weapon display:

Unfortunately, this was after my crew had been pulling things off of it and replacing them haphazardly while coming and going in costume.


Then there's this goofy bastard:

Melissa Howell posted almost three hundred pictures from all around the Faire.  You can see more of her pictures by clicking HERE.


Halo Helmets
"Halo Helmets" by Kati Giblin, on Flickr


I've found a good many pics showing the helmet lineup on that side of the booth:
Maker Faire Bay Area 2011
"Maker Faire Bay Area 2011" by Blake Maloof, posted by Bekathwia on Flickr>


So far this is the best shot I've found of the two beaky Space Marine helmets:
Maker Faire Bay Area 2011
"Maker Faire Bay Area 2011" by Blake Maloof, posted by Bekathwia on Flickr


Here's a winning shot of my crew with the display in the background:
Maker Faire Bay Area 2011
"Maker Faire Bay Area 2011" by Blake Maloof, posted by Bekathwia on Flickr


Plus one of a couple of Spartans and a Marine just milling about:
Maker Faire Bay Area 2011
"Maker Faire Bay Area 2011" by Blake Maloof, posted by Bekathwia on Flickr



I've found some other pictures here and there, but my favorite of all is still this one:
Master Chief Red
"Master Chief Red" by ohad*, on Flickr



No comments:

Post a Comment